- 1 jar Kroon silver onions
- 40 g sultanas
- 20 g currants
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 tbsp juniper berries
- 1 small tin of tomato purée (70g)
- 3 tbsps of dry sherry
- 1 tbsp brown castor sugar
- Put the liquid from the silver onions into a saucepan with the other ingredients (except for the onions) and reduce on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the onions and leave to simmer on a low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the clove and bay leaf.
Serve warm but not hot with: roast beef, fricandeau, picaña (silverside or topside beef), duck confit, slow-cooked duck stomachs and other preparations which include goose and duck fat.
Serve cold with: paté, cheese, in a buffet and with a barbecue.