Roast beef bonbon with gherkin and mustard dressing
- 6-8 Kroon gherkins
- 40 g washed and dried rocket leaves
- 4 radishes
- 16 slices of roast beef (vegetarian variant: use vegetarian sausage)
- 3 level tbsps of mayonnaise
- 1 level tbsp of smooth mustard
- 1 level tbsp of freshly grated horseradish
- White balsamic vinegar
- Some fresh chives
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Wash and dry the radish and fist cut it into 4-5 slices and then into long chips=julienne
- Keep on gherkin separate and julienne the other. Mix the radish and rocket, with bruising the leaves.
- Mix the mustard and the horseradish with the mayonnaise. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Put one tbsp of the dressing into a miniature piping bag for garnish and mix the rest through the salad leaves without bruising them, also sprinkle a little white balsamic vinegar on the salad.
- Lay two slices of roast beef across each other over the dish and sprinkle some salt over them. Put a good handful of leaves in the middle. Gently fold the roast beef over the pile of leaves and into a nice ball. Turn the ball and place on an amuse-gueule spoon or on a nice serving dish.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground pepper over the bonbons and place each a small gherkin or a few slices of a larger gherkin on to each bonbon.
- Snip a small piece from the piping bag and garnish the bonbons with lines of dressing.
- Cut the chives into fine rings over a soup bowl and sprinkle these over the bonbons.