Beetroot Atjar crème
- 16 large whole Kroon beetroot slices
- A few rocket leaves
- 200 gr. Kroon Atjar Tjampoer (Indonesian pickled vegetables) + extra for garnish
- Oil with a neutral taste, such as grape pit oil or sunflower oil
- Present this amuse-bouche on amuse-gueule spoon or a white porcelain serving dish.
- Drain approx. 200g of Atjar and dry as much as possible between sheets of kitchen paper, then purée with the blender. The puréed Atjar should not have any lumps.
- Put the puréed Atjar into a piping back without a nozzle.
- Sprinkle the beetroot slices lightly with the neutral-flavoured oil so that they are nice and shiny.
- Lay a rocket leaf across a spoon (or serving dish) and put a slice of beetroot on it.
- Snip the tip of the piping bag of Atjar purée so that there is an opening of about 1½ centimetres in diameter.
- Pipe a nice smooth ball of puréed Atjar on each slice of beetroot and from the centre, so that the Beetroot Atjar Crème can been eaten cleanly in one bite.
- Lay a second slice of beetroot against the Atjar crème ball at an angle. Take care with the presentation: lay the covering beetroot so that its ridges are at right angles with the bottom slice
- Garnish with the remaining Atjar and fine brunoises of cornichons and red pepper.
- If you fancy bit more bite, add a crispy bit of beetroot or a salted natural potato crisp and serve.